Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Words and Ideas As Inspiration in Art


◄♥►


As I was brainstorming for a name for a client's new website, I received inspiration for this blog post. ( I am not a prolific writer and my style is short and sweet - my brain goes a mile a minute ~ the imagination runs wild....) He had a website by the name of New Cloud which was scooped up by vultures laying in wait for the domain's expiration for the purpose of selling it back to him at an extorted price. Time has passed and now with the advent of all the information technology speak re: 'Cloud', he really wanted this domain again.


CLOUD is used as a metaphor for the Internet, based on how the Internet is depicted in computer network diagramsand is an abstraction for the complex infrastructure it conceals. - The Internet Cloud I now learned that it is an abstraction. How appropriate. I then was inspired to think outside the box. Having been a student of Latin - not by choice - it was a requirement of all students to study the language for 2 years prior to choosing a romance language, in my case Italian. I do digress. Therefore, I decided to explore the latin nimbus = cloud; and here are my findings: Nimbus = Latin shi ning cloudor an aura atmosphere, dense clouds or cloud mass, any of a variety of bright circles or arcs centered on the sun or moon, caused by the refraction or reflection of light by ice crystals suspended in the earth's atmosphere and exhibiting
prismatic coloration ranging from red inside to blue outside (distinguished from
a corona).

Wow, now, I 'm on to something. Something for my blog entry as it relates to abstract art. I also came up with a name for his new site and to my surprise, our son said " Mom, that's brilliant" He purchased the name and I have the email for posterity !!!!

I see some verses breaking through the clouds..... later .......
~ Grace


blogger email facebook feed tumblr twitter youtube


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin